Manual alignment of csv file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual alignment of csv file?

I just upgraded to v3 and have an issue.

I see no option to manually align my csv files. In the past these were compared as text, and I could manually align things especially when there was a large section insert.

What are my options here?

Hello daklestad,

In Beyond Compare 3, csv files open in the Data Compare by default. If you're launching a comparison from the Folder Compare, you can force them to open in the Text Compare by selecting Actions > Compare In New View Using > Text Compare from the menu.

If you always want to open CSV files in the Text Compare, you can change the default behavior by creating a new file format. From the Tools menu, select File Formats. Click "New", then select "Text Format" as the format type. Name the format CSV and enter *.csv as the mask.

When you open files in one of the viewers, Beyond Compare looks at the list of file formats. It will use the first format that has a matching file extension, starting from the top.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Why doesn't the comparison window for the csv have the manual alignment option available?

It seems like it would still be a valid feature.

Thanks,

Darren

Comment

No, the Data Compare doesn't support manual alignment. It will either align on key columns or use unsorted alignment.

To manually align text, you'll need to use the Text Compare.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X