Ignore elements for current session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore elements for current session

I have an open comparison of file and clipboard for which I want to set some elements to be ignored. I cannot work out how to do this, given that Session Settings... | Importance's elements list seems to be limited to the current format, which (being the general Text Format) I do not want to mess up, and there seems no way of making a newly created format that then becomes the current format.

What's the solution, please?

Ensure that the File Info header panel is visible (toggle is on the View dropdown menu)
    You can select the newly created format from the format dropdown on the File Info header panel
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

You can create new File Formats in the "File Formats" dialog. You can change which File Format(s) to use on the "Session Settings" dialog's "Format" page.
      Erik Scooter Software

Comment

OK, so if I want to unimportantise one literal string just for the current session, I:

1 On File Formats, duplicate the current format in a new temporary file format, and to its grammar add a new item matching my string
        2 On Session Settings or File Info header panel, select the new file format
        3 When I'm done, delete the new file format to avoid accumulated junk.

That is many clicks/presses. So I'd just like to be clear: is that the recommended solution to this requirement? Thanks.

Comment

If it's one literal string difference in the current file comparison session, the recommended solution is to use the Ignored command.

If it's a rule you need to save and use again, either for many file comparisons or to use in the future, then you need to create a file format for it. Currently there's no easier way to set up an ad-hoc comparison rule.
          Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

> If it's one literal string difference in the current file comparison session

Thanks, but it is not.

> the recommended solution is to use the Ignored command.

And anyway I need the work to be savable, and (AFAICT) Ignoreds are not.

> Currently there's no easier way to set up an ad-hoc comparison rule.

OK, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X