Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrupt comparison, with missing line and strange character at top...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Corrupt comparison, with missing line and strange character at top...

    Hi!

    I'm trying to compare two versions of the same java file. The viewer shows me corrupted view of the two files...

    The file contains 1481 lines but the viewer shows only the first 843 lines. Also the first list of the viewer shows strange character like this:

    [";",<74> [308:9-308:10]]

    If I save the file, BC3 will insert the strange character at the top and erase all lines above the line 843.

    Here is some additionnal info:

    Filev1.java & Filev2.java:
    size: 62*165 bytes
    line count: 1481

    I'm using BC3 on Windows XP.

    Please help me!

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Please send your Support zip (Help menu -> Support; Export) to [email protected] and include a link to this forum post.

    If you can, please also include some example .java files (they can be edited down to just a couple lines, and remove any private info, as long as they exhibit the behavior for you).

    A screenshot fo the odd behavior may also be useful.

    Thanks. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello,

      Thanks for the screenshots and example files. It appears the Jalopy conversion fails at a specific part of your java file. I have sent an email with the error message attached.

      The error message was generated by running the External Conversion .bat from the command line, using Temporary file names and your example files.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

      Comment


      • #4
        One of our developers has pointed out another tool you could use: Creating a custom rule using Jacobe (different from Jalopy and may support your files).

        You can download Jacobe here: http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/conte...be/Jacobe.html

        We have a KB article detailing how to create custom File Formats here:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...conversion.php
        Aaron P Scooter Software

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for your help... This problem occurs only with this specific file so I will try to find why this file seems to prevent Jalopy to work properly.

          For now I will use the simple "Java source" format with this particular file instead of the "Java Source Tidied".

          Thank you very much!

          Comment


          • #6
            I find the bug ,too .pls fix the bug . thank you very much.

            Comment

            Working...
            X