Help needed with command line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with command line

I'm trying to script the comparison of two files and can't find anything in the help files on how to force the output to a PDF file or html file (with color differences showing)

This will out put what I want to my default printer - but I can't seem to get it to a file to send to someone.
    bc2.exe C:\file1.txt C:\file2.txt /out=101wcp

Help!

Hello Scubagirl,

Using the /out command line option is deprecated in newer releases of BC2. Instead we recommend using a command line script.

If you're running an older version of BC2, first updated to BC 2.5.3. You can install it over the top of the old version. The download link is: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl2_en

Once you've updated to version 2.5.3, here's an example script that will compare two named files and save the output as HTML. BC doesn't provide a way to output to PDF.

file-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-tout.html output-options:html-color c:\file1.txt c:\file2.txt

To run the above script, use the command line: bc2.exe @script.txt

Scripting is covered in the "Command Line and Scripting" topic in the BC2 help file.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X