Wish List Wrapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish List Wrapping

Wrapping in the file viewer would really, really be useful. Can you give an ETA as to when it is going to be put in?

My apologies if it is already in vers. 3 (I did not see it in the new features list).

Thanks!

Are you referring to providing some way to embed the file viewer in a third-party application (e.g., ActiveX control)? If so, no, we aren't currently working on such a feature, and don't have an ETA for it. I wouldn't expect it in v3.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

I interpreted this as a request for a "word-wrap" mode when a line is longer than the width of the visible pane.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

To make it a bit more comfortable for my needs:
        Similar texts with different wrapping should be detected as "unimportant differences".

See the attached example for two similar texts.

Comment

BC3 is a line-based compare utility and is currently limited to comparing two aligned lines with each other without regard to the content of the lines that come before and after.

The customer wish list already has an entry for comparing code that is spread over a differing number of lines on each side. If such a multi-line compare mode is implemented in the future, it should help in your situation as well...
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Originally posted by knut View Post
            Similar texts with different wrapping should be detected as "unimportant differences".
            What you propose is interesting however... if the functionality were limited to considering just the one line immediately before and after the current line, then perhaps it would not be so difficult to implement...and would be a handy alternative to a true multi-line compare. I think it is worthy of consideration as a session setting or tweak.

Of course, it would not work for a situation in which one side was wrapped much shorter than the other so that one line on one side spills over multiple lines on the other...
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot and suggestion. I've added your notes and Michael's thoughts to our wishlist entry.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X