Text Compare Report Defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Compare Report Defaults

The Text Compare Report dialog box "remembers" report title, which I then have to remember to edit.. .. but there does not appear to be a way of configuring defaults for the settings I normally use. I have to reconfigure every time. Since I regularly use the same settings (except for report title) it would be handy if there was a way to specify defaults.

Regards, AB

Which settings are not remembered for your Text Compare report? It should remember the Report layout and output options. The Report Options are set based on what was set in the graphical interface. If you change the display filters or Ignore Unimportant Differences toggle, then those settings are used in the report dialog.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron

I should have been more precise. Yes, it is the Report options that I have to change each time. I generally want to show differences, ignore unimportant, show context, and strikeout left. The defaults for all of these are (or were) the opposite of what I want. Now that you have reminded me about the toggle icons on the toolbar (and in the meantime I also explored the View settings) I can deal with everything except strikeout, which is not that serious.

On the topic of strikeout though, it would be nice to have the option to strikeout right or left. Some people like to have the "old" document on the left whereas others prefer the "new" document on the left, in which case strikeout right is what is wanted. I'm in the latter camp and have to keep remembering to toggle left/right before creating a report. No big deal but maybe something to consider for a future release.

Regards, AB

Comment

Hello,

Strike-out should be remembered. Whichever was last used should still be filled in when you come back. Are you using the latest version of BC3? Use the Help menu -> Check for Updates to see if you are running BC3.1.10.

The other options under the Report options (such as Ignore Unimportant, Show Context, Same, Different, etc) are controlled by the controls in the GUI and how they were set before going to the Report dialog. So if your display filters in your toolbar were set to Show Differences, Ignore Unimportant enabled, and Show Context disabled, then when you go to generate the report, that is how those Report Options will be set. Options that cannot be set like this (such as Report Layout, Strikeout, type of Patch report, etc) should be remembered and set to how they were last used.

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll discuss that in the office and see if we can come up with a good solution for you.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron. As you say, strikeout is remembered in 3.1.10.

Regards, AB

Comment

Originally posted by aussieboykie View Post
            On the topic of strikeout though, it would be nice to have the option to strikeout right or left. Some people like to have the "old" document on the left whereas others prefer the "new" document on the left, in which case strikeout right is what is wanted. I'm in the latter camp and have to keep remembering to toggle left/right before creating a report. No big deal but maybe something to consider for a future release.
            Many thanks to the Scooter team for implementing this in 3.1.11.

Regards, AB

Comment

Working...
            X