HTML: ignore case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML: ignore case

How do I set an HTML compare session to ignore case?

Hello,

You can go to each Grammar element and make sure "This element is case sensitive" is disabled. By default, this is enabled for the String definition.

Then also make sure that Character Case is disabled in the Session Settings -> Importance tab of the Text Compare for Everything Else text.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. I was hoping for better, since that a) interferes with any other sessions using that format and b) requires about 20 clicks... and 20 clicks to restore.

I really appreciate the amount of good design work that has gone into the grammar support but I really think it is not fit for this requirement and that case sensitivity should be available as a true /session/ setting, just as is e.g. white space sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        You can go to each Grammar element and make sure "This element is case sensitive" is disabled.
        Actually, if you have multiple grammar items that define the same element (ex. string), you only need to change "This element is case sensitive" for one of them. The others will be updated automatically.
        Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjj View Post
          I really appreciate the amount of good design work that has gone into the grammar support but I really think it is not fit for this requirement and that case sensitivity should be available as a true /session/ setting, just as is e.g. white space sensitivity.
          Please provide us with example(s) that illustrate how the current design is not meeting your needs. Sample files and file formats would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
          Erik Scooter Software

Comment

> Please provide us with example(s) that illustrate how
            > the current design is not meeting your needs.

See attached - I am simply comparing similar HTML files from different sources and want to hide all case differences for this session only.

Comment

Hello,

By default, <td should not be case sensitive. It looks like, from an email you sent in recently containing your Support.zip, you enabled "Match Character case" as an option for the Keywords in HTML. This would mark differences in case as different.

This option is only available globally, and is not currently supported on a session by session basis. You would need to use the <default> format and the Session Settings -> Importance tab options to mark case as important per session.
              Or, create a clone of the HTML file format, restore to the defaults, and manually pick the File Format in the Session Settings -> Format tab that does not compare case.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X