Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Column Delimiter to Tabs?

Hi,

I have a couple of tab delimited files I'd like to compare. I would like to ignore certain columns, as is possible with CSV files. How can I accomplish this with tab ("\t") delimited files?

Hello,

You can do this easily in BC3's Data Compare session type. It should detect and separate your data into columns based on a detected delimiter. You can then mark specific columns as Unimportant by right clicking on the column header.

Please note that the 1st column will default to the Key column, used for alignment. If this needs to be changed or disabled, please remember to do so and save the session (or set defaults).

For a Text Compare, you can define grammar elements for a specific section of text, but it will need to follow one of the logical grammar rules: Basic, Delimited, List, Columns, Lines
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

Delimited is used to define items such as Strings (" to "). It is not used to separate delimiters. If there is another method of defining your data, or that specific cell, to match on a grammar item then you can define it and then mark it as Unimportant following the steps in the KB article.

I would recommend trying out the Data Compare and let us know what you think. It was designed to handle data files with delimited characters.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X