Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to switch from word/char level to line level ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to switch from word/char level to line level ?

When I compare two text files then BC compares both on a word or even char level.

How can I tell BC to compare text file on line level equality?

So there should be only equality if full lines on both sides are completely equal.

This rule/option should also apply to "Text Merge".

Peter

Hi Peter,

can you explain or provide some sample lines where lines are shown as equal although there are differences?

I can only imagine that you have lines with unimportant differences which are considered as same. This behaviour can be disabled by either switch off "View/Ignore Unimportant Differences" or setting all text as important in Text Compare(or Merge)/Session Settings/Importance tab.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Lutz View Post
      Hi Peter,
      can you explain or provide some sample lines where lines are shown as equal although there are differences?
      Ok, have a look at the attached snapshot.
      The two lines on the right side have differences with their counterpart on the left. So they should NOT share the same line!

Peter

Comment

Ok, I see.

You are looking for Text Compare/Session Settings/Alignment tab/Never align differences I think.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

I agree with Lutz here and believe this is the option you are looking for. Please remember that Session Settings are per session, so you will either need to save a session with those settings or set them as the default for future Text Compare sessions if you want it to behave this way at a later date.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X