Text compare problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text compare problem

i've got a problem with special characters in text compare BC 3.2.4.
    those are not quite text files but i tried it in some old version before and it was ok, but now it's like this

how can i solve this?

Hello,

It looks like you are comparing binary files within the Text Compare. Do you have better results if you use the Hex Compare session type?

In the Text Compare, you can also use the View menu -> Aligned details to see how your data is currently aligning.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

yes, i guess they are binary and no, hex compare(right column with symbols) does no better efficience. View menu -> Aligned details seems to not change a situation.
      main problem in text compare is thousу squares between symbols. it frustrates me that when i tried to do the same compare in some of older versions there were no such squares. maybe it can be something about system? the OS are not quite the same though both are XP.

Comment

Hello,

Could you post a full screen screenshot with the Text Alignment details shown on the trouble line? It should show how Beyond Compare is currently aligning the text.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

This might be a character encoding problem. If your files are UTF-16, but BC is detecting the files as ANSI, that might explain the screen shot you posted.

To correct this, click on the character encoding dropdown below the path edit and change the encoding from ANSI to Unicode.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Aaron, sorry, had no time to post a screen-shot, and now..
            Chris, unicode did solve the problem! thank you both for help.

Comment

Working...
            X