How to dont compare two numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dont compare two numbers?

I need in this two expressions to be ignored for the comparer.

file ONE
    resultado = PumpCH1CheckMsgValidity(datos, SOME);

file TWO
    resultado = PumpCH2CheckMsgValidity(datos, SOME);

Then CH1 and CH2 must be the same to the comparer and be ignored.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by donaldshimoda; 03-May-2011, 04:40 PM.

Hello,

If you have BC3 Pro, you can define a Text Replacement in the Text Compare's Session Settings that will treat either:
    CH1 = CH2
    or
    PumpCH1CheckMsgValidity = PumpCH2CheckMsgValidity

This would be in the Text Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Replacements tab.

If you have BC3 Std (or Pro) you can define a Grammar element that defines your function names or CH1 and CH2, and then mark that grammar as Unimportant in the Text Compare Session Settings. We have a handy KB article and video that go into more detail here:
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

If you have Std and want to try Pro, see this article:
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

If you have BC3 Pro, you can define a Text Replacement in the Text Compare's Session Settings that will treat either:
      CH1 = CH2
      It solve my life!

Thanks a lot for this product, and BT I have PRO WIN AND LINUX. Scooter soft deserve it

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
      X