Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file-report html wrap

Hi, I'm using a script to produce a file report:
    file-report layout:side-by-side options:line-numbers output-to:%3 output-options:wrap-word,html-color %1 %2

The html wrapping appears to mostly work in IE (3 quarters of the report is visilble) and not work at all in FireFox (only the left hand side is visible, the right side is entirely past he scroll region), not sure if this is just a problem when dealing with lines without spaces or not. For my purposes I have to use Firefox so I am getting the not working at all option! Unfortunately I don't know how to insert a screenshot here, so instead you can try by putting the following line into two files and comparing them, the line starts with <FormalSpec> and ends with </FormalSpec>:
    <FormalSpec><![CDATA[TranslatedTop:%Numeric,TranslatedBottom:%Numeric,S caledTableRight:%Numeric,ColumnList:%String,&Scale dColumnLines:%Numeric]]></FormalSpec>

Regards

Chris

Hello Chris,

This is actually controlled by how the browser renders the table. Our "Allow Word Wrapping" option generates an HTML table with default options, while disabling the option inserts code to prevent the word wrapping. I testing in Firefox and Chrome and both display the same issue with that line: they do word wrap but are unable to wrap as narrowly as IE supports. If you drag the window much wider in Firefox you should see wrapping behavior on the remainder of the text.

Once your account is approved and processed, you should be able to use the forum tools to insert a screenshot, or insert a link that points to an external source of the screenshot. If you ever need to, please feel free to email us at [email protected] with additional materials and a link back to a forum post (so we can link the email to the forum request.)
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron, I would think it would be fairly easy to add a width option to the report and use that as the table width so that the report would always fit on screen without the need for scrolling (which would be a big help for me and I suspect others too). Chrome and Firefox are quite a bit more standards compliant than IE (and obviously the way IE is going) but I think a simple table width would be treated the same by all. I looked to see if there might be a firefox add on to do a 'fit to width' but couldn't find anything that works

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Adding additional control over the wrapping is on our Customer Wishlist. Our wishlist is not currently scheduled development, but a place our developers go to for ideas for future features and enhancements.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X