Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeM
    replied
    I appreciate your suggestions. We will probably have to use a combination of methods to achieve our solution. Basically we are capturing changes made in a Delphi 3 project, and need to apply those changes to a Delphi 2010 version of the same project. So there is no common file at this point. The patch report output will probably help us. We may in fact use the patch command to insert the changes. But we will still have to adjust the placement of the "patched" lines using BC3. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello Mike,

BC3 can generate patch reports from the Session menu -> Text Compare Report, but does not have a means to apply the patch to a file for editing. You can compare against it, another report type, or against one of the original files to the third file.

How does this work for you?

Leave a comment:

• MikeM
    started a topic Using a Patch Report

Using a Patch Report

Hello,

Not having any experience in using patch files, I was wondering whether there is a way to generate a patch report/file and use it in side by side editing in Beyond Compare? I don't particularly want to use the generated patch report to automate the patch process. I would just like to use the "filtered" changes in the patch report to manually edit another version of the same file. Or instead of a patch report, is there another way you could recommend saving a file of just the differences to use for editing.

Thank you for your help.
Working...
X