Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparing with wildcards

Hello all

I have been using beyond compare for a few months now and really like it, but now i have a small problem. I got to compare 2 sets of about 88000 files ... now i know there are some very minor differences which we can ignore, like index of some objects. The index is always in this format [#] so [0]...[1]..
    is there a way using scripting or another way to tell beyond compare to ignore this kind of items?

thanks
    Regards
    Bert

Hello,

Is the index text content inside of each of the files, or part of the file name?

You can define unimportant text if it is text within the file, and then use the Rules-based scan to automatically mark these files as unimportant (if that is the only difference found.)
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

If the index is part of the file name, you may need to define an Alignment Override (BC3 Pro feature).

Would you be able to post a specific example case? We could then help come up with the specific rule or workaround. If you would like to keep the specific example private, you can email us at [email protected]. If so, please also include a link to this forum thread in the email for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X