Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there exist an option in BC3 script makes case sensitive in text comparison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there exist an option in BC3 script makes case sensitive in text comparison?

Dear all,

I would like to know if there exists an option in BC3 script file which makes case sensitive in text comparison?
    For example:
    file-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches,line-numbers, ?case-sensitive? &
    output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color "%1" "%2"

Here I tried case-sensitive, but unfortunately, it didn't work.
    If you have any ideal or solution, please let me know.
    Thank you for the help.

It isn't possible to make a comparison case sensitive using a scripting command. Instead, edit the default session settings in the GUI, which will affect scripts.

To edit default Text Compare session settings in Beyond Compare 3:
    1. Run Beyond Compare 3.
    2. In the Saved sessions list, expand Edit session defaults.
    3. Select Text Compare.
    4. Go to the Importance tab.
    5. Check Character case to make it important, then Save.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      It isn't possible to make a comparison case sensitive using a scripting command. Instead, edit the default session settings in the GUI, which will affect scripts.

To edit default Text Compare session settings in Beyond Compare 3:
      1. Run Beyond Compare 3.
      2. In the Saved sessions list, expand Edit session defaults.
      3. Select Text Compare.
      4. Go to the Importance tab.
      5. Check Character case to make it important, then Save.
      Hi Chris, thanks for replying me for the both sites, I have tried your method it works for one comparison session, but since we have lots of comparison tasks at one time, is there exist a method or script which allow to call this setting automatically from the cmd?

Comment

Hello,

When you use Step 2. Edit Session Defaults, this will update the setting for any future text comparisons. Or, if you are already in a Text Compare's Session Settings dialog, change the bottom dropdown from Use only for this view to Also update session defaults. This should then apply for any new Text Compare (not a previously saved Text Compare), and for scripting going forward. Test in the interface once quick to make sure it is properly set as the new default, and make sure the script is executing as the same User account to use those User's Settings.

If you are having trouble executing as the same user, create a new Portable Install in a global location (C:\Tools\Beyond Compare 4\ usually) using the setup.exe. The Portable will share settings for any user (graphical or automated) account.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

To add: instead of jumping straight to scripting, also try launching a graphical text compare from the same command line that runs the script. This way you can boot directly into a new Text Compare (bcompare.exe c:\file1.txt c:\file2.txt) and check the settings to see the default state is correctly configured.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Hello,

When you use Step 2. Edit Session Defaults, this will update the setting for any future text comparisons. Or, if you are already in a Text Compare's Session Settings dialog, change the bottom dropdown from Use only for this view to Also update session defaults. This should then apply for any new Text Compare (not a previously saved Text Compare), and for scripting going forward. Test in the interface once quick to make sure it is properly set as the new default, and make sure the script is executing as the same User account to use those User's Settings.

If you are having trouble executing as the same user, create a new Portable Install in a global location (C:\Tools\Beyond Compare 4\ usually) using the setup.exe. The Portable will share settings for any user (graphical or automated) account.
            Thanks I have figured it out! Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
            X