Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insert after last row for CSV Text Compare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert after last row for CSV Text Compare?

Is there a way to create a new row after the last record when doing a CSV text compare? The single Insert action appears only capable of inserting before the current row.

To physically place a new row at the very end, one must open the CSV file in another editor after inserting the row in the Text Compare session. I am not looking for the Beyond Compare CSV key configuration that controls how the file is sorted in the Text Compare session -- as far as I can tell, that has no impact on the physical order of the records in the actual file.

Thanks.

Hello,

The Text Compare session is the view used for plain text information. You can place the cursor at the end of the last line and hit Enter to make a new line below it.

CSV files are usually opened by default in the BC3 Data Compare (or BC4 Table Compare), which has the Edit menu -> Insert command. This does only place the insert above. You can use the Session menu -> Compare Files Using, and compare into a Text Compare to add the last row (like you use an external editor).

Adding the ability to Insert After is something on our wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Sorry, my mistake... I meant "Table Compare" not "Text Compare". Is there a way to do the same in Table Compare?

Comment

Hello,

Not in BC3 or BC4. You can launch the current files into a Text Compare with the Session menu -> Compare Files Using command, edit them, then hop back (or use the external tool like you have been). Inserting below directly in the Table Compare is a feature we'd like to tackle, and it's on our wishlist.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X