Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docx comparison

Hello Scooterites,

I wrote an automation software that compares output files to sets of what we call Known Goods. Basically to make sure that our software still outputs the same files from version to version.

I always had trouble with this testcase where it creates a Docx file and compares it to its known good. The testcase always fails. When compared with the BCompare GUI tool, both files get detected as Microsoft Word documents, but the contents are garbled for both files.

ex: àfo%dN´¹”O‘X*h—"YçÀuO&G‘

I have tried making a new output to become the known good and comparing a newer output with the same version of our software, but the new file fails because the garbage differs from run to run.

I never have trouble with the Doc testcases, just with most Docx. Any idea why?

Hello,

Are you using a more recent version of BC3? All BC3.x updates are free for 3.x users; you can download from our download page or using the Help menu -> Check for Updates.

Using the default Word format with the latest BC3 should work for Docx files. If you are using the additional download file format "MS Word Extended", this uses your installed copy of Word for the conversion, and that version of Word would need to support Docx files.

If you are still having trouble, would it be possible to get an email to [email protected] with:
    -a pair of sample docx files that have trouble converting.
    -Your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export
    -a link back to this forum thread in the email
    Last edited by Aaron; 10-Apr-2013, 10:23 AM. Reason: Updated with email address.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X