• Aaron
    replied
    Or we were able to add 3 way Folder Merge to the BC4 beta

http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta.php
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta....beta4_whatsnew

Leave a comment:

• getsim
    replied
    why always no 3 Way merge for the years? pitiful!

Leave a comment:

• getsim
    replied
    try it! if work, that's great! tks in ADV

Leave a comment:

• gregsohl
    replied
    James, any chance of releasing the source for your homebrew 3-way folder merge solution?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Bulgrien
    replied
    FYI - UltraCompare has a 3-way compare mode... but not a 3-way merge. To understand the difference, see this prior post.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Folder Merge is something we are working on, but we do not have a timeframe to offer at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

You would need to make sure the "Merge" option is enabled in the Options dialog -> Start-up section. It is one of the disabled sections by default.

Leave a comment:

• mlkuhnpdx
    replied
    Does Scooter plan to add this three-way folder merge feature to BC, and if so, do you have a timeframe for its availability? I have a need now and I'm a long-time BC user from version 1, but I'm trying UltraCompare to see how it does.

Leave a comment:

• mlkuhnpdx
    replied
    Aaron, I tried your solution but "Merge" did not show up on the Explorer context menu. I tried selection files but it would only accept two files. Do I need to restart my computer for this to take effect? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for the submission of a one-click approach, darkfader.

For other users interested in adding Text Merge to their right-click context menu, BC3 does offer built-in support under the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Startup, Explorer Integration section. Our built-in Merge support requires the user to select each of the 3 files individually or all at once for the Merge.

Leave a comment:

• darkfader
    replied
    Another solution

Hi. I made a simple solution of my own before I saw this thread. It's a simple cmd-script that figures out the directory for the selected file and then invokes bcomp.exe.
    You need to change the left/right/center/output directory names in the script file. You can have multiple projects too.
    You can call the script from the explorer context-menu (which BC also has btw) for a file in one of the directories.

Leave a comment:

• zlev
    replied
    in last versions, when bc3folders calls bcompare to compare files visually, it opens 2 panels; One panel is not appears. In old versions of bc 3 panels opened;

Leave a comment:

• Michael Bulgrien
    replied
    This app still works with the most current Windows version of Beyond Compare. Note that, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, then you will need to update the BC3Path key in the BC3Folders.exe.config file.

Leave a comment:

• zlev
    replied
    application does not work on new versions of Beyond compare. Have you updated version?

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Now if it would just plug into Windows Explorer like Beyond Compare does for comparing two folders.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X