Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate Merge

Hi,

My day to day work involve lot of code merge written by different developers (mostly two developers). I want to automate merge process which can be called from a .NET application. I want to have set of rules for each file format eg .aspx, .vb etc. I would like to save rules in a text files so that I can modify them anytime.

Is this possible using Beyond compare. Can you help me, how can we do that.

Thanks
    Ankur

Hello,

BC3 Pro can call a Merge Session from the command line (documented in Help -> Command Line Reference section). There is an additional argument "/automerge" which will automatically merge files without user interaction unless a conflict is found.

BC3 supports File Formats, setup in the GUI using the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog. You can define Grammar elements, etc. Here is a general guide discussing File Formats and Session Settings:
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

You can test this with our trial, which is fully featured, here:
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X