merged output - no save as... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merged output - no save as... ???

I have the 4 panels after a 3 way merge, the merge - 4th panel, has a save button and a down v button that shows a few choices, but there's no save as.. to select folder/name. Is there any way to do that other than change it in the session settings? It was going to save right over one of my inputs. The only way I found to do it there was to type in the full path/name manually.

Hello,

For BC3/4's Text Merge session, if you have no file name in the 4th pane, then it automatically activates as Save As when you click the button (or Ctrl+S hotkey) and shows the dialog to select a folder/target. Are you running the latest 3.x release? All 3.x updates are free for 3.x users (and 4.x for 4.x users).

The File menu -> Save File As also exists as an override if a file path was present and you needed to save to another location.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

For BC3/4's Text Merge session, if you have no file name in the 4th pane, then it automatically activates as Save As when you click the button (or Ctrl+S hotkey) and shows the dialog to select a folder/target. Are you running the latest 3.x release? All 3.x updates are free for 3.x users (and 4.x for 4.x users).

The File menu -> Save File As also exists as an override if a file path was present and you needed to save to another location.
      Ah, thanks (I have the latest 4.x), should have guessed that. So, the file save/save as menu is for the 4th pane. That I wouldn't have guessed. I see the save is ghosted out, since I'd already saved the file.

Comment

Yes, the interface does update if you've saved, and should update again if you make any edits to the Output pane.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X