Bug: Compare Gedcom file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Compare Gedcom file

When I compare Gedcom files in version 3. I do not have any problems at all, a gedcom file is essentially just a text file.

In version 4, I get an out of system resources error as can be seen in the two attached images, one from V3 (ok) the other from V4 (not ok)

I now notice it is treating it as a picture compare...why? how do I change this

EDIT: I figured out that if I add a file type as *.GED and set to text compare, it is ok.

Dave P
    davepacey
    Journeyman
    Last edited by davepacey; 30-Jun-2014, 06:45 PM. Reason: noticed something

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Would it be possible to get a sample file emailed to us at [email protected]? We can then verify why it auto-detects for the Picture Compare, unless overridden with a Text format definition.

Please include a link back to this forum post in the email for our reference.

Or, you can post the file as an attachment if you are comfortable posting it publicly.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the report. Would it be possible to get a sample file emailed to us at [email protected]? We can then verify why it auto-detects for the Picture Compare, unless overridden with a Text format definition.

Please include a link back to this forum post in the email for our reference.

Or, you can post the file as an attachment if you are comfortable posting it publicly.
      The sample file is on its way.

Dave Pacey

Comment

Working...
      X