Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text compare - how to ignore blank (empty) lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text compare - how to ignore blank (empty) lines?

Say I wish to compare 2 (plain) text documents
    in the first one there are no paragraphs, i.e. there are hard returns, but no extra ctr\lf's added to make the text 'more readable'

in the second one there are extra lf's

I'd like to compare both (very long) files but I'd like to have the blank (empty, extra lf's) ignored, how to do that?

thanks
    =

Hello,

Both files have line breaks in the same places, but some use CRLF and some use just LF? BC4 will treat the line breaks as line breaks, and each line is aligned and compared. The line break character (CRLF or LF) isn't compared by default, but you might have enabled this option in the Text Compare Session Settings dialog, Importance tab: uncheck "Compare line endings (PC/Mac/Unix)"

Or are the lines not breaking in the same places? BC4 aligns line by line, so common line breaks are important for the comparison. We do not support wrapping or comparing across different line break locations.

If you are still having any trouble, please post or email a full screen screenshot showing the comparison and we can better determine how to help. If you email us at [email protected], please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X