Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues connecting to Amazon S3

Hello,

I am having some issues with connecting to Amazon S3 with BC4 Pro.

I keep getting between these two errors:

1/14/2016 3:47:48 PM Unable to load profile:aProfileName?bucketName: HTTP request failed with code 403, message is Forbidden
    1/14/2016 3:52:10 PM Unable to load profile:aProfileName: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records.

Is this a permissions issue? If so, what permissions does my bucket folder need to be accessible by BC4?

Thanks,

Amy
    Last edited by aolesh; 15-Jan-2016, 12:15 PM. Reason: change it to not show ":P" as a smiley

Hello,

That appears to be a typo in your Key. Sometimes pasting can accidentally capture or place extra whitespace at the beginning or end of the string. If you re-attempt creating the profile information, does this help?

If not, which OS would you be running and which version of BC4 (Help menu -> About dialog)?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I am using a Windows 7 machine and BC Version 4.1.3 (build 20814) Pro Edition for Windows.

I tried re-creating the profile information but that didn't work. I don't think there's any typos in the key as I copy the keys from a generated plain text file. When I go back to edit the Profile, it gives me the error of "Unable to load initial remote folder."

I get this error when connecting now:
      1/15/2016 12:06:48 PM Unable to load profile:Test?testbucket: HTTP request failed with code 403, message is Forbidden

A little more information: I am using script to help me create temporary AWS keys that are stored into a credentials file. This is where I am getting the access id and secret access key from.

Amy
      Last edited by aolesh; 15-Jan-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Hello Amy,

Could we remove a few factors to help troubleshoot? Instead of using your script to generate the access id and key, could you try using the website to retrieve the information, then paste into notepad to verify the paste has the correct text, and then paste into BC4's Tools menu -> Profile dialog, create new Amazon S3 profile?

If you are still having trouble, could you post or email the full connection log to [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread (for our reference)?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X