Unimportant COBOL columns still red not blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unimportant COBOL columns still red not blue

I have attached my Importance, Grammar, and the Compare results. Why are my Unimportant still red not blue?
    Attached Files

Hello,

If you click your cursor into the red important text (not highlight, but just click), the bottom status bar will show the grammar element name the cursor is in. I suspect there is an un-terminated grammar, like a String, that is grabbing and swallowing all future text, so that text is not the expected, unimportant grammar.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

First I clicked my cursor between the 3rd and 4th columns of the line starting with 007500 on the left hand side. Second I clicked my cursor on the same line on the same side between columns 79 and 80. The results are attached:
      Attached Files

Comment

I took what you said and what I found in response, and unchecked Identifier. This solved most of my issue, but in actual changed lines the identifiers were blue. It occurred to me that your COBOL Source definition is more specific than I need, almost your version of the ISPF editor in multiple colors for different elements. So I created my own COBOL Compare format with only COBOL1to6 and COBOL73to80 as elements to be unchecked, and Everything Else checked. This is what I was looking for, but I have altered the format to have only COBOL7to72 and for it to be checked and Everything Else unchecked.
        Last edited by jfire7887; 15-Sep-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

If you are able to post or email sample COBOL files to [email protected], it may help us improve our default format. Please include a link back to this forum thread in the email.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X