X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying and comparing hard link files between two different hard disks

Copying and comparing hard link files between two different hard disks

Good afternoon.
    I have a doubt. I tried to search here in the forum but I did not succeed.
    I have a 2GB hard drive containing more than 30000 files, one third of them hard link (copies of files scattered over several sub directories). I have another 2-D HD that I use as backup. When using the BC to make the copy of the files, I notice that the hard links files are converted into common copies (and eat a good space of the HD).
    I add files constantly to the original HD and I like BC which allows me to see only the different files.

I already went to the section settings and activated the "follow symbolic links" option. But nothing works.

The question: is there a way for the BC to make hard link files copy while maintaining the hard links? Even between different HDDs?

Thank you very much!

Hello,

We do not have a method of detecting and copying as a hard link in this case. The Follow symbolic links would work for soft (symlinks), if that's an option. Long term, if we're able to add any hard link handling, it would probably be an option to copy everything as a hardlink. This would reduce the disk space required, but also means that any corruption of the original data would effect all hard links to that data.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X