Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC claims files are in use when they are not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC claims files are in use when they are not.

I'm attempting to use the FTP compare to overwrite existing files from my local machine to a server.

I repeatedly get file in use errors similar to the following:
    5/3/2017 1:16:32 PM Unable to copy [filename]: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Having rebooted both the server and my machine, I still get these errors. Prior to today, I haven't had any problems move files between these two directories.

When I use FileZilla to move the same files from/to the same locations, they overwrite without any problems.

Is there a new bug in BC? Is there a problem with my machine? A combination of both? Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue would be welcome.

I'm using Beyond Compare 64bit edition - Version 4.2 (build 22302)

Thank you!

Hello,

Which OS are you running, and what would be an example file path you are attempting to copy? Are you using the factory default settings for the Folder Compare?

You can also email us at [email protected] (including a link to this forum thread) and we can get you a 4.1.9 setup to test a Portable Install, as well as email us your current BCSupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Source computer is Windows 10 Pro.
      Destination is Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition

In a new twist - I attempted to edit an individual file on the server - upon save, the file save failed with File in Use, the file was locked even on the server, and after a few minutes, the file disappeared off of the server - it was gone.

I'll provide additional details to the support email. I don't want to put FTP based paths on the web.

Comment

Thanks, please also include the BCSupport.zip and which machine BC4 is running on: the source, destination, or another third machine and its OS.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Thanks, please also include the BCSupport.zip and which machine BC4 is running on: the source, destination, or another third machine and its OS.
          I supplied that information via e-mail yesterday shortly after your post. BC4 is running on the source machine, on a Windows 10 Pro OS.

Comment

Have you tried LockHunter to see what process is handling the file you are interested in overwriting or editing? https://lockhunter.com/ Might it be some endpoint security software like anti-virus?

Comment

Working...
            X