Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AnkhSVN reverse which side base and mine are on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnkhSVN reverse which side base and mine are on.

I went to this link to setup AnkhSVN in Visual Studio. https://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs

In Visual Studio selecting Beyond Compare from the list does work but "mine" is on the right side. I would like it on the left side.

In Visual Studio selected other from the list and entered this command "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.exe" %mine %base /rightreadonly.

This sort of fixed my issues but the titles were more difficult to read.

I tried "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.exe" %mine %base /title1=%yname /title2=%bname /rightreadonly (just like I use in TortoiseSVN) but this brought Beyond Compare up in Merge mode which is not what I wanted.

What is the proper command to get mine on the left and base on the right? Can I just default Beyond Compare to always open mine on the left?

Hello,

I suspect that your latest attempt is close, but needs quotes around the "%variables". If any had a space in the name or path, that would then cause multiple arguments, which is why the merge was triggering. You might see that in the merge, one of the paths is only half a path or half a title?

You can test/verify with the Windows command line:
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.exe" "c:\Leftfile.txt" "c:\Rightfile.txt" /title1="my title 1" /title2="my title 2" /rightreadonly

That should open like you wish, and then it's just a matter of making sure the VCS is configured to call the arguments in that order (left, right, title1 (left), title2 (right)). You can use a program like Process Explorer to see exactly how BComp.exe was called and what text was passed into it, to see what/how your VCS is constructing the command line call and argument variables.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Quotes around the "%variables" fixed my issue. Thanks for you help and quick response.

Proper command if anyone else has this issue.
      "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.exe" "%mine" "%base" /title1="%yname" /title2="%bname" /rightreadonly

Comment

Working...
      X